How do I get an address for my property?
  • If you are planning a project, you can apply for Planning Clearance, which is valid for 5 years. You will be assigned an address as part of that process.
  • If you need an address but have no plans to develop the property in the near future, you can apply for that separately. Please contact a Planner to discuss the information needed.

Show All Answers

1. What are the first steps in planning my project?
2. What are my setbacks?
3. Can I meet with County staff to discuss my project?
4. How do I get an address for my property?
5. Can I build an Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) on my property?
6. Does Cowlitz County charge "impact fees" for schools, parks, transportation, etc., for new development?
7. Do I need to manage stormwater from my project?