Did you know most household trash can be recycled or composted? It's true. Very little waste needs to end up in the landfill. Consider the following items, all of which can be recycled:
- Metal lids from bottles, cans or jars;
- Aerosols such as paints, pesticides and cleaners;
- Electronics like computers, printers, monitors and telephones. NOT TV's!;
- Tin and aluminum cans;
- Mixed paper waste - we all know about this one! Magazines are paper waste too;
- Plastic bottles, milk jugs and HDPE 2. Remove the lids, rinse and send to recycle
- Clear, brown and green glass
- Aluminum foil and scraps
- Metal appliances such as washing machines, dryers, fridges, air conditioners, hot water tanks...
Don't have curbside recycling? There are many options in Cowlitz County. Use these resources to find out where you can recycle anything and the nearest drop point.