Due to staffing and resources limitations, the Court has decided to utilize the services of an outside contractor for individuals who need additional time to pay their fines. Cowlitz County District Court has selected Court Payment Management Services (CPMS) to provide this service for our clients.
Benefits and Guidelines:
* CPMS charges a one-time set-up fee of and a monthly monitoring fee to process your account(s). Be prepared to show your Court Order and make a payment at the time you sign up for CPMS
* If you take advantage of the CPMS plan, and comply completely with the guidelines, you will receive additional time to pay your fine(s) and avoid collection activity
* Making payments through CPMS will not effect your credit rating unless the account remains in a delinquent status
* CPMS will work with you to establish a monthly payment that is agreeable to both parties. If you fail to remain current with your payments your account will be placed in a delinquent status and additional fees may apply. If you fail to bring your delinquent account current, your account will automatically transfer to a collection agency and the amount owed will increase dramatically due to collection charges.
* You are encouraged to make payments larger than the minimum due each month or to pay the account in full early to avoid further monthly fees and interest. However, an additional or larger payment made in one month will not change the "minimum" payment due the next month.
* You may pay the fine in full at the Court if payment in full is received by the due date indicated on your Court Order. If paid-in-full during this time, you will avoid the CPMS set-up fee and monthly monitoring charges. If you fail to pay at the Court by the due date and fail to sign up for CPMS by the due date, late penalties will be added to your fine and you will be sent directly to a collection agency. Additional penalties may include suspension of your driver's license.
* You will receive a monthly statement.
REMEMBER: It is your responsibility to contact CPMS BEFORE the deadline date on your Court Order.
Court Payment Management Services A division of Dynamic Collectors Inc. 877-748-4936