How do I report an illicit discharge?

You can use the following contacts to report spills and dumping into surface waters or storm drains or Illicit sewer and waste water connections to the stormwater drainage system: 

Cowlitz County Department of Public Works at 360-577-3030 or email 

Water Pollution Hotline at 360-578-0900 

Department of Ecology at 360-407-6300 or email

Show All Answers

1. How do I know when I need a stormwater permit?
2. If I disturb one or more acres do I also need to get a Construction Stormwater Permit through Washington State Department of Ecology?
3. How many trees can be removed before triggering the stormwater permit process?
4. Would building foundation replacement under an existing building qualify under the stormwater ordinance (16.22) as 'routine maintenance?'
5. The stormwater manual mentions planting plans. Would the County determine what plants are used (i.e. flowers) for residential development?
6. How do I report an illicit discharge?
7. Who do I contact with stormwater questions?
8. What are Minimum Requirements they talk about?
9. How do I meet the Minimum Requirements?
10. What do I do if ONLY Minimum Requirement #2 applies?
11. What is LID?