How do I appeal the value placed on my property?
First, contact us at 360-577-3010. Come into the office and talk with an appraiser. If it appears an error has been made, the department can conduct an assessment review and, if indicated, adjust the assessed value of your property. You also can appeal to the Cowlitz County Board of Equalization. Appeals to Cowlitz County Board of Equalization

Show All Answers

1. How is the value of real property determined?
2. Is property assessed at its full value?
3. What determines the amount of property tax?
4. How is the value of personal property determined?
5. How am I notified of my property's value?
6. What kinds of property are taxable?
7. How are property tax levies established?
8. What are the legal limitations or property taxes?
9. What happens if levy limits are exceeded?
10. How will I know how much property tax is due?
11. How do I qualify for a property tax exemption or deferral?
12. How do I appeal the value placed on my property?
13. What other types of exemptions are available?
14. What other kinds of property are exempt?
15. If I move, where do I send my address change?
16. How do obtain other information and assistance?