How do I meet the Minimum Requirements?
If the Flow Chart indicates that " Minimum Requirements #1-#5 apply, the 'Small Project Stormwater Site Plan Short Form' needs to be completed and submitted to Cowlitz County Public Works. The short form is a step by step form that allows a homeowner to meet the minimum requirements without the need for a licensed engineer. Cowlitz County Public Works is always available to help complete the form or answer any questions.

If the flow Chart indicated "All Minimum Requirements" apply, a professional engineer is required to design a Stormwater Plan in accordance with the Cowlitz County Stormwater Manual.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know when I need a stormwater permit?
2. If I disturb one or more acres do I also need to get a Construction Stormwater Permit through Washington State Department of Ecology?
3. How many trees can be removed before triggering the stormwater permit process?
4. Would building foundation replacement under an existing building qualify under the stormwater ordinance (16.22) as 'routine maintenance?'
5. The stormwater manual mentions planting plans. Would the County determine what plants are used (i.e. flowers) for residential development?
6. How do I report an illicit discharge?
7. Who do I contact with stormwater questions?
8. What are Minimum Requirements they talk about?
9. How do I meet the Minimum Requirements?
10. What do I do if ONLY Minimum Requirement #2 applies?
11. What is LID?