How do I know when I need a stormwater permit?
If your project is located within the Longview-Kelso Urbanized Area, the flow chart will help you determine if a stormwater permit is required. Building and Planning will also review your application and notify you if you need a stormwater permit. The Department of Public Works will provide you with application materials and any other necessary information.

There are many levels of complexity associated with stormwater permits. A single family home generally must meet "minimum requirements” while a commercial or industrial development, will need to complete a full engineering report or plan.

When you have completed the application, Public Works will review it. Once the application has been reviewed and approved, you will take it back to Building and Planning and the Building and Planning application process will proceed.

Show All Answers

1. How do I know when I need a stormwater permit?
2. If I disturb one or more acres do I also need to get a Construction Stormwater Permit through Washington State Department of Ecology?
3. How many trees can be removed before triggering the stormwater permit process?
4. Would building foundation replacement under an existing building qualify under the stormwater ordinance (16.22) as 'routine maintenance?'
5. The stormwater manual mentions planting plans. Would the County determine what plants are used (i.e. flowers) for residential development?
6. How do I report an illicit discharge?
7. Who do I contact with stormwater questions?
8. What are Minimum Requirements they talk about?
9. How do I meet the Minimum Requirements?
10. What do I do if ONLY Minimum Requirement #2 applies?
11. What is LID?