How do I know when and where to go to court?

If you are a witness to a crime and you must appear at trial, you will receive a subpoena from the Cowlitz County Prosecuting Attorney or another attorney in the case. The subpoena should state where and when you must appear. When you are subpoenaed for a Superior, District  or Juvenile Court trial, you can check the day before trial by calling (360) 414-5505 after 5:00 PM to see what trials are scheduled for the following day.   Questions about subpoenas can be answered during regular business hours, 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM, Monday - Friday, by calling our office: (360) 577-3080.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime?
2. I am a victim of a crime. Do I have any rights?
3. Will I have to testify?
4. Can I drop the charges?
5. I have bills as a result of this crime. How can I get them paid?
6. When will I receive my restitution?
7. I have been threatened or contacted by the defendant. What can I do?
8. An attorney or investigator has been contacting me about the case. Do I have to talk to them?
9. Can someone attend the interview with me?
10. How can I be notified if the defendant is released from jail?
11. How do I know when and where to go to court?