Cowlitz County employs about 550 people in a wide range of diverse positions. The Human Resources department provides various employee services and oversees a variety of functions, including:
- Developing and administering personnel programs
- Negotiating and administering labor contracts for nine bargaining units
- Aiding managers in staffing and training
- Classifying jobs and determining compensation levels
- Managing employee benefits programs
- Ensuring legal compliance concerning personnel practices
- Our mission is to treat each person as a valued customer while contributing positively to the County to control costs while being efficient, displaying a thorough understanding of all aspects of the human resources profession, including proactive involvement and providing solutions to workplace issues, which support and optimize the operating principles of the organization.
- Human Resources is dedicated to meeting the human resource needs in a manner that is collaborative, results-oriented and customer focused. HR values the diversity of our employees and works collectively to make Cowlitz County an employer of choice.
- Honesty, Integrity, and Trust: We honor our commitments and conduct business in a manner that promotes fairness, respect, honesty, and trust.
- Teamwork: We encourage the diversity of thoughts, experiences, and backgrounds and participation and partnership.
- Change and Innovation: We are open to new possibilities and foster creativity and risk-taking to support continuous improvement.
- Leadership: We lead by example and advocate equitable treatment in our behaviors, policies, and practices.
- Quality Results: We believe those we serve deserve excellent service, a safe, productive, and healthy work environment, and quality results.
To our employees:
Employees will be provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization that they are expected to share externally with every citizen.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accommodations provided upon request. Contact: Human Resources Director Jessica Warren. Phone: 360-577-3065.