March 25, 2020 at 1400 hrs.
Many community business partners have already temporarily suspended business operations or are preparing
to do so during the Stay Home-Stay Healthy order. Law Enforcement is conducting extra patrols, but we need
you to ensure your business is secure. Here are some great ways to help protect your business during this
Business Burglary Prevention
- Make sure doors and door frames are of adequate construction, commercial grade locks are installed,
functioning properly and have edge guards to prevent prying.
- Exposed hinges require non-removable pins.
- Sidewalk openings and their frames should be secured and properly locked.
- Protect accessible windows with locks, security films, grilles or bars if possible.
- Climbing aids, such as ladders, should be locked up or removed.
- Test your alarm with your provider and update emergency contact lists.
- Make sure all cameras are functioning, are well-positioned and views are unobstructed.
- Change the combination of any safes, especially if employees have moved on.
- Roof openings (skylights, ventilators) should be secured and alarmed.
- Cash registers should be empty and left open to prevent unnecessary damage.
Law enforcement is committed to protecting both life and property. During this time we encourage all
businesses to connect with neighbors to remain vigilant of any suspicious behaviors and to immediately alert
law enforcement to anything out of the ordinary.
Follow us at:
Twitter - @CowlitzDEM
IG - cowlitzcountydem
Facebook - Cowlitz Covid-19 Incident Management Team
Previous Press Releases: http://www.co.cowlitz.wa.us/196/Emergency-Managment