Notice of Availability of Final Environmental Impact Statement for the State Environmental Policy Act
Purpose of this Notice: The purpose of this notice is to inform the public that the Final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Millennium Bulk Terminals – Longview, LLC proposed coal export terminal is being released.
Description of Proposal: Millennium Bulk Terminals – Longview, LLC proposes to construct and operate a shipping terminal to export coal at the site of the former Reynolds aluminum plant in Cowlitz County. The proposed project would cover approximately 190 acres of the site. As proposed, the facility would be capable of receiving, stockpiling, and loading coal by conveyor onto ships for export. Proposed activities include receiving coal at the site by rail, storing coal at the facility, and loading coal onto ships for export. The proposed project includes construction of eight rail lines on the site; two new docks on the Columbia River, two ship loaders; coal stockpile pads; and associated facilities, conveyors, and equipment.
Proponent: Millennium Bulk Terminals – Longview, LLC.
Location of the Proposal: The proposed coal export terminal would be located on 190 acres of a 540-acre area of land leased by Millennium Bulk Terminals. The project site is located in unincorporated Cowlitz County, Washington, along the Columbia River.
State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) Co-Lead Agencies: Cowlitz County and the Washington State Department of Ecology are SEPA Co-Lead Agencies. The County is the nominal lead, responsible for complying with the SEPA lead agency duties for the SEPA review process.
Date of Final EIS Publication: April 28, 2017
Availability of Final EIS Copies: The Final EIS is available for viewing and downloading at http://www.millenniumbulkeiswa.gov. Copies of the document are also available for review at the following locations:
- Cowlitz County Department of Building & Planning: 207 Fourth Avenue North, Kelso, WA 98626.
- Washington Department of Ecology, Southwest Regional Office: 300 Desmond Drive, Lacey, WA 98503.
- Longview Public Library: 1600 Louisiana Street, Longview, WA 98632.
- Kelso Public Library: 351 Three Rivers Drive, Kelso, WA 98626.
- Castle Rock Public Library: 137 Cowlitz Street West, Castle Rock, WA 98611.
- Kalama Public Library: 312 N. First Street, Kalama, WA 98625.
- Woodland Public Library: 770 Park Street, Woodland, WA 98674.
- Spokane Public Library: 906 W Main Avenue, Spokane, WA 99201.
- Mid-Columbia Libraries – Pasco Branch: 1320 West Hopkins Street, Pasco, WA 99301.
- Rainier Public Library: 106 West B Street, Rainier, OR 97048.
Copies of the Final EIS on DVD and as hard copies may also be requested by contacting a responsible official below. The Co-Lead Agencies reserve the option of charging for the costs of this reproduction.
SEPA Responsible Officials:
Elaine Placido, Director, Cowlitz County Department of Building and Planning
Sally Toteff, Director, Southwest Regional Office, Washington State Department of Ecology