The first half of 2021 property taxes due April 30, 2021
Click on the following link to make payment online:
Relief for Businesses - ESHB 1332 was signed by the Governor on April 16, 2021 and allows
businesses with a revenue loss of at least 25% for calendar year 2020 compared to calendar year 2019 to apply for an extension of payment on the unpaid 2021 real property taxes. Eligible taxpayers must complete and submit the 2021 Request for Real Property Tax Due Date Extension & Payment Agreement Due to Revenue Loss, Provided in ESHB 1332(fill in) 64-0116 by April 30, 2021 to the Cowlitz County Treasurer.
About the County Treasurer
The county treasurer holds an important position of public trust within the financial affairs of local government, while acting as the bank for the:
- School Districts
- Fire Districts
- Port Districts
- Various units of other local government
The Treasurer’s Office receipts, disburses, invests, and accounts for the funds of each of these entities. In addition, the Treasurer is charged with the collection of various taxes that benefit a wide range of governmental units.
The Treasurer’s major responsibilities can be summarized in the following areas:
- Collecting real and personal property taxes (including performing foreclosure on real property and distraint of personal property), special assessments, excise tax, gambling taxes, and miscellaneous receipts from other county districts and departments and collection of all delinquent accounts
- Accounting for all funds and deposits of revenues from the state, county, cities, and junior taxing districts (schools, ports, cemeteries, fire, diking)
- Determining adequate liquidity in funds and authorizing the release of warrants for payments to vendors
- Administering short and long term debt financing
- Managing the cash flow of the county and investing funds not needed for immediate expenditures for the county and junior taxing districts
- Coordinating banking services and facilitating financial planning for the county and various taxing districts
- Acting agent to Department of Revenue in the administration of real estate excise tax
Finance Meetings are held at 9:00 am on the 3rd Thursday of January, April, July, and October. Please note, these meetings are subject to change if the finance committee has conflicts. Contact the treasurer if you plan to attend to ensure there has not been a change of schedule.