How To Protect Yourself & Others
Everyday practices to prevent colds, influenza, and other respiratory illnesses can also provide protection against coronaviruses, including COVID-19. Here are a few steps you can take to keep you and your loved ones healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes. Use a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Stay home and away from others if you're sick. Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that are frequently touched.
- Work with your healthcare provider to see if you should get vaccinated against the flu or COVID-19.
- Consider wearing a face mask if you are not feeling well.