In 2016 Cowlitz County hired an independent consultant to performed a Behavioral Health Gap Analysis. The analysis examined gaps in community programs and services since the Cowlitz County 1/10th of 1% Mental Health Sales Tax began in April of 2013.
Gaps identified by the consultant were:
- Integrated and Coordinated Care Delivery System
- Affordable Housing and Homelessness Services
- Diverse Services for At-Risk Youth
- Jail and Prison Diversion, Prevention, and Reentry Programs
- Behavioral Health Workforce Development
The full report can be viewed at the document linked below.