Welcome to our website. Thank you for visiting us today.
The Noxious Weed Control Board is available to help landowners and land managers with information, services, and resources to deal with invasive, non-native plant species.
Our program is responsible for identifying noxious weeds that are impacting our county resources: agricultural products, forestry products, native habitats, fisheries and recreation.
Noxious weeds affect property values and cost all of us a lot of time and money.
Please help us control noxious weed species that are negatively impacting our county.
How can you help?
- Keep your eyes open, when you are outdoors, for noxious weeds.
- When you find noxious weeds, report them to our office.
- Take pictures of questionable weeds and send them to our staff for identification.
- Collect plant samples (be careful when collecting by using gloves and not touching the plant just in case it is toxic) and stop by the office to drop it off.
- Know what you are purchasing at local plant stores before you plant them at home.
- If you have a question about what makes a good landscape plant, herbicide recommendations, control methods available to deal with unwanted weeds or you want to make sure a plant growing on your property is NOT toxic, give us a call.
We are glad to provide you with all of the knowledge and tools you will need to keep invasive plants from taking over your property or putting you and your animals in danger.