Agent for Department of Licensing
As an agent for Washington Department of Licensing, the Auditor's Office is responsible for providing the following services:
- Issuance of license plates and registration - vehicles and vessels
- Title transactions for vehicles, vessels, and manufactured homes
- Addition or removal of legal owners (lien holders)
- Sale of gross weight for commercial vehicles
- Sale of trip permits and special fuel permits
- Issuance of disabled parking placards
The Auditor is also an agent for Department of Revenue and collects tax on the transfer of vehicles and vessels.
Quick Title Service
The Cowlitz County Auditor is now processing Quick Titles, if you need your new title immediately. There's an additional $50.00 fee to get a Quick Title.
Note: Quick Titles are not available for snowmobiles, vehicles or boats reported as stolen, insurance or wrecker destroyed vehicles and boats, or vehicles or boats with "WA Rebuilt" on the title.
The Auditor's Office cannot approve Quick Title paperwork over the phone. Click here to locate other offices in Washington, who also provide Quick Title services.
Vehicle Tab Renewal & Registration
For your convenience, you may be able to renew your vehicle and vessel tabs online using your credit or debit card. Many frequently asked questions about vehicle registrations are available on the Washington State Department of Licensing website.