GovernmentDepartmentsOnline ServicesExploreHow Do I - Help Center
Click to Home
Volunteer Boards & Committees
The Cowlitz County Commissioners appoint members to various Boards and Commissions. Each Board and Committee has a specific purpose and is governed by operating statutes. Serving on a Board or Committee affords citizens the opportunity to participate in the countywide effort to address important issues.

Applications are available in the Commissioners Office, Administration Building, 207 4th Avenue North, Kelso, or you can download Application here.  Applications for vacancies may be faxed, mailed, or delivered to the Commissioners' Office unless otherwise noted. All members must be registered voters, residents of Cowlitz County, and if applicable, reside in the area they represent. Members serve without compensation unless otherwise noted.

Advisory Board Resource Manual 
Washington Open Government Training document

The following Boards and Committees are appointed by the Board of County Commissioners unless otherwise noted:

Board of Equalization (Alternate position open)

Boundary Review Board

Building and Planning Advisory Council 

Civil Service Commission for Sheriff's Department 

Current Use Advisory Committee - Not Active (open positions)

Fair and Rodeo Board (1 Fair Board position open)

Historic Preservation Committee (1 open position representing District 3)

Homeless Housing Task Force

Lodging Tax Advisory Committee

Mosquito Control District

Noxious Weed Control Board

Park & Recreation Advisory Board

Planning Commission

Public Facilities District Board (1 open position)

Rural Partial-County Library District Board of Trustees

Salary Commission

Silver Lake Watershed Advisory Council

Solid Waste Advisory Committee

Stormwater Advisory Committee (open positions)

Veterans Advisory Board

Yale Valley Library District Trustee

Board of Commissioners - Click Here To Go Back To Board of Commissioners

Go To Search