GovernmentDepartmentsOnline ServicesExploreHow Do I - Help Center
Click to Home
Harassment No Contact Order

Harassment No-Contact Order Criminal Order - RCW 9A.46


Who May Obtain?

A person who has reported to the police an incident involving harassment as defined in RCW 9A.46.060.  (Criminal charges must be pending or filed.  May be a condition of sentencing.)

What Can an Order Do?

Refrain from contacting, intimidating or threatening the victim and others listed in the order; order the abuser to stay away from specific locations.

Protects the victim in an active case while waiting for trial and sentencing.  The order can also be a condition of sentence.

How is an Order Obtained?

A crime must first be reported to the police.  If the abuser has been arrested or issued a citation, the victim may ask the prosecutor to request a no-contact order.  The order may be obtained in district, municipal or superior court.

What is the Cost?

No Cost

District Court - Click Here To Go Back To District Court

Go To Search