GovernmentDepartmentsOnline ServicesExploreHow Do I - Help Center
Click to Home
Appeal Forms and Publications
Real Property Petition

Personal Property Petition

Appealing Your Property Assessment

Property Taxes Guide

Filing a Petition - What can be considered
By law, the Assessor is presumed to be correct. The burden of proof is on you, the taxpayer, to show that the Assessor's determination is incorrect. Evidence must be "clear, cogent, and convincing".

Appeal Local Board Decision to the State

Direct Appeal to State Board of Tax Appeals
You have the right to have your appeal heard at the State level without first going through the County Board of Equalization. Fill the form out and drop it off at the County Assessor's Office.

Department of Revenue

Washington State Title 84 RCW

Washington Administrative Code Title 458 WAC

Withdrawing your Petition
Withdrawing your petition from the appeal process is easy. Simply fill out the form, sign it, and return it to the Board of Equalization. Once it has been received your petition will be withdrawn.


Go To Search