GovernmentDepartmentsOnline ServicesExploreHow Do I - Help Center
Click to Home
Mobile Homes
Selling/Buying a Mobile Home 

Mobile Home ownership transfer (taxable or exempt) requires the Mobile Home Excise Tax
, before the Dept of Licensing will allow the transfer to be completed. A completed
affidavit and viable proof of a Washington Title existing must be presented to the
Treasurer's Office. In addition to the excise tax, there is a $3.00 certification of taxes fee.

Moving a Mobile Home

If you are going to move the mobile home or it is a condition of the sale that it be moved,
you must obtain a movement permit from our office. You will be required to pay the
property taxes at that point, which will be certified on the documents you obtain with the
moving decal. If the home will stay in Washington, the advanced tax will be collected. If
the home will end in a different state, the current full year's tax will be collected. It also
requires a certification of taxes, which has a $3.00 fee. Next, you will then go to the
Department of Licensing to change the ownership on the title. Sales tax will be
collected by the DOL.

  • If the mobile is not moving, the current year taxes are payable.
  • If the mobile is moving within the state of Washington, the advanced tax year is payable.This is due to the assessment being in effect as of January 1 of the current year. RCW 84.60.020
  • If the mobile is moving out of state, the current year is payable only.

Treasurer - Click Here To Go Back To Treasurer

Go To Search