GovernmentDepartmentsOnline ServicesExploreHow Do I - Help Center
Click to Home
What is the deadline for filing?
A taxpayer’s petition must be filed or postmarked by July 1 of the current assessment year or 30 days after the date of mailing the value change notice. If the petition is mailed, it must be postmarked by midnight of the deadline. Mail to: Board of Equalization, 207 4th Avenue N, Kelso, WA 98626. Please do not wait until the last day to file an appeal. Even if you are discussing your property with the Assessor's Office, you must file timely to preserve your right.

Board of Equalization

Show All Answers

1. What is the deadline for filing?
2. How can citizens appeal the assessed value of their property to the Cowlitz County Board of Equalization?
3. Who May File an Appeal?
4. Should property owners contact the Assessor's Office?
5. When Do Property Owners Receive a Change of Value Notice?
6. Where are Valuation Notices Mailed to?
7. What is a Complete Petition
8. How does the Assesor value property?
9. What happens at a hearing?
10. When will the property owner receive a decision from the Board?
11. What if a property owner is not satisfied with the Board of Equalization's decision?
12. What happens if a citizen does not file an appeal in a timely manner?
13. Should property owners wait until after their hearing to pay their property taxes?


Go To Search